G3 is committed to adopting environmentally sound practices and products. Our processes strive to minimize waste, maximize the use of materials and conserve resources. Our belief is that a healthy environment is critical to a successful business. We operate with the highest ethical standards to ensure that we achieve excellence, while nurturing and protecting our land.
We are proud that our Label, Closure and Mobile Bottling Divisions are ISO 14001-certified. To date, we have made significant progress by implementing several initiatives to save energy and decrease potential adverse effects on the environment.
- 650 solar panels at G3 corporate campus
- Aggressive recycling programs for manufacturing waste and office
- G3 Closure recycles approximately 80% of its waste.
- G3 Label recycles approximately 57% of its waste and saves 450,000 kWh of annual energy through the use of energy lamps and lighting occupancy sensors in production, storage and office areas.
- G3 Mineral installed a 1MW photovoltaic solar system in 2013. This alternative energy system is expected to provide up to 30% of electrical operating cost and save as much as 1.8 million kWh of energy every year. The mine recycles 100% of processed water.
- 5.9 million kWh of energy are saved annually by utilizing motion-detecting lighting in more than 3 million square feet of warehouse space, as well as a yearly 425,000 kWh, which are saved by changing all exterior lighting to energy-efficient T5 fluorescent fixtures.
- 88% of our packaged products are shipped via rail and water, decreasing our gasoline consumption and carbon footprint.
Alternate Energy Use
- In 2013, G3 installed a 1MW photovoltaic solar system.
- This alternative energy system is expected to provide up to 30% of electrical operating cost and save as much as 1.8 million kWh of energy every year.
See Live Monitoring of Solar Power Generation at Byron Mine
- G3 campus diverted 1,005 tons of waste materials from landfill in 2012 through well-established recycling programs.
Through continued efforts, we seek to set the example in the industry by being stewards of the environment in which we live.